Cialis should not be prescribed or taken by the following patient groups.
- Women and all children / young people under 18 years of age.
- Anyone allergic to any of the ingredients in the tablet.
- Patients for whom it would be ill advised to have sexual activity, eg those with severe heart conditions.
- Patients who have angina which is not controlled by medical treatment, or people who have angina that is brought on by sex.
- Patients who have had a stroke within the last 6 months, a heart attack in the last three months or heart failure during the preceding 6 months.
- Patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure, or low blood pressure.
- Patients taking any medicines containing nitrates, or alpha blockers with the exception of FLOMAX 0.4mg daily.
- Patients who have had the eye condition NAION - standing for non-arteric anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. This condition damages the optic nerve leading to temporary or permanent blindness.
- Patients who have severely reduced liver or kidney function, or kidney failure.
- The Cialis tablet contains lactose and therefore not recommended for those who are lactose intolerant.
This list may be incomplete. Over time, more is learnt about a drug and the lists of side effects and contraindications can change. The above list should be used as a guide only.
Back to top